Summer is around the corner, and the need to wear light also comes down on your jewelry. Summer clothes do not really require jewelry to match with usually, but there are certain ideas that could adorn your summer look on a lateral level.
Today, I present you with another step-to-step guide on a necklace you can make using wooden beads. Let me share you the supplies first. Make sure you have everything ready at hand to work! Just relax, sit tight and focus on each and every step. If you are a small girl, let an elder one to use sharp objects for you. You don’t want to hurt yourself!
- Wooden beads
- Rondelle beads
- Gold spacer beads
- Amazonite beads
- Metal chain
- Crimp beads
- Elastic beading wire
- Jump rings
- Chain-nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- Crimp pliers
- Bead board (optional to use)
- White paint (optional to use)
Step 1: Make a layout of your necklace design using your bead board. Put your wooden beads along with other and form the best design.
Step 2: Form a loop at an end of your beading wire, slide a crimp bead through and using crimp pliers, secure it tightly. Leave a small part out of your wire so your loop remains fixed.
Step 3: String wooden beads and the rest. Your loop will work as a barrier to keep them in one place. Your small wire part will be covered inside your final bead’s hole.
Step 4: Now let me share one professional tip with you:
- Right after you formed a design, trim away the piece of wire in excess, so you are at easy of working.
- At the end of your beaded wire, put a crimp bead and a jump ring, and afterwards, form a loop in the strand.
- Using one or more pair of pliers and hold your jump ring in place, pull the extension of your loo in order to tighten it down.
- Followed by, crimp your bead. Then, use cutters to trim away the wire extension, but leave enough to hide it inside your final bead’s hole.
Step 5: Open up your jump rings using the pliers and slide onto a metal chain. Using pliers again, close the jump rings. It is up to you how much you keep the measure of your chain’s length. Put it around your neck to make a decision. Make any adjustments until and unless you reach a suitable size. Then, cut it.
You are all done! Wasn’t it too easy? I am sure you loved making a wooden beads necklace and shall make more for your family & friends.
If you want to go more crafty and creative, let me share a sumptuous trick with you about painting the wooden beads. Let your imagination and creative head work here and enjoy it all along! You can reach all possibilities of creativity once you keep on making it. Remember, practice makes a woman perfect, too!
Stay tuned on my blog for more step-by-step tutorials regarding handcrafted jewelry!